In Northeast Louisiana, teen dating violence is one of the biggest challenges for area young adults. The majority of sexual assault victims are under 30. Ages 12-34 are the highest risk years for rape and sexual assault.
Ways you can be aware and safe
- Always know whom you are with.
- Let your parents know where you are going and with whom.
- Never leave your drink unattended.
- On the Internet, never give out your real name or personal information; never agree to meet someone you have met on the Internet.
- Decide what your limits are about sex and communicate those clearly.
If you are the victim of relationship abuse, don’t blame yourself but rather seek help. Talk with people you trust and seek services.
Family Justice Center
The Wellspring – 24/7
Send a Message
This email is not monitored by clinicians and is not a forum for requesting services or individualized support. If you are in need of our services, please call (318) 998-6030 and someone will assist you.