The FJC has a number of informative publications about domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking available to the public at no charge. Please contact the FJC at 318.998.6030 to request copies.
The high rate of crimes related to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking in Louisiana, and the effect these crimes have on families in our community, make it imperative that we all become involved to help eradicate this terrible problem. These crimes often go unreported because the victim feels ashamed about what happened and hopeless about improving the situation. Often individuals who witness acts of domestic violence may fail to report what they have seen, thinking that, it’s “none of their business.” We must work together as a community to provide a safety net for victims and their children.
We offer Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Dating Violence and Stalking Education presentations as well as information about the programs and services available at the FJC at no charge to area groups or businesses. Please contact the FJC at 318.998.6030 for more information.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- Become knowledgeable about domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Offer a sympathetic ear, letting the victim know that you care.
- Offer the victim a ride to the FJC when needed.
- Help them to develop a safety plan by creating a list of emergency numbers, contacts and personal information.
- Become a FJC Volunteer.
- Lend a hand and save a life!